Change of name 2017-09-22T13:00:58+00:00

Change of name

If you decide to change your name or that of your child, we can help you to do this in accordance with the law.

A name change is acceptable unless it seeks to defraud or has some criminal benefit. Simply asking others to call you by your new name could work. A deed poll or statutory declaration is more sensible as other parties and authorities accept more readily a legal document than just your word.

Mewies Solicitors in Skipton can help you change names simply and with ease. A change of name deed is drawn up by one of our expert lawyers and the proper procedure carried out to ensure its legal status. If there are any associated matters to the change of name deed, we can discuss this at the time. You may wish to change the surnames of your children if they are of a certain age. This requires certain consents but we explain this simply, using plain English.

We can offer a fixed fee for this service.  To begin the process of changing your name legally, call us today on 01756 799000

 Angela D. Green
Angela D. GreenDirector, Solicitor & Mediator
Victoria Iliff
Victoria IliffChartered Legal Executive